If you find yourself facing law enforcement officers ready to handcuff you, then it is probably time to remain silent and start looking for a criminal attorney to help you deal with the charge/s filed against you. If you think that’s a difficult feat to achieve because you don’t even know what kind of lawyer you are going to hire then this article should help.
Once the police officers arrest you, they would inform you of your crimes and your rights as a republic citizen. The police officer/s will tell you the type of crime that you have committed and this is where you will know whether your offense was a criminal one or another. If you have committed a criminal infraction, then you need a criminal attorney to assist you in your ordeal.
Now, your second problem is how to choose the right criminal for your case because there are just so many of them. Of course, there are so many of them because a lot of people love to play with the law. So what you’re going to do is limit your choices in the state where you have been charged with a criminal offense. Suppose that you are arrested in the state of Arizona, then, it is highly advised that you should also hire a Phoenix criminal lawyer.
Now that your second problem is already sorted out, you have another concern which is, there are so many Phoenix criminal lawyers in Arizona and it’s hard to choose among them. There’s an easy solution for that; you just have to collect a Phoenix Criminal Attorney information.
How are you going to do this?
1. Make a call to Arizona’s Attorney Board of Ethics or any official disciplinary board for that matter. If you can’t get through, then visit the official website of the board of ethics and see if they have a listing of all the law firms in the state. If there’s a listing, then study whether the names of the lawyers of each law firm are also included there. Most board of ethics websites are updated and they usually include the name of all lawyers, their field of concentration, citizen identification number as well as license number and complaints from past clients, if there are any.
2. Visit the Martindale website. The said website serves as a database for all licensed attorneys in the United States of America. Martindale is wonderful because it presents two ratings for each attorney. The first rating is a Peer review evaluation which means that it was rated by other lawyers. Meanwhile, the second ratings are the ones rated by previous clients.
3. If you are still unsatisfied with Martindale, there’s another option for you which is to visit Lawyers.com. It’s another online database where you can see the lawyer’s track record, his educational attainment and the duration of his practice. It also has its own version of Peer Review and Client Rating systems.
4. Check if your prospective lawyer has a website. A personal website is a great resource because it will give you a rough idea on how the lawyer manages his or her business. A website will also help you in getting to know the lawyer on a more personal level.
5. You can also pay someone to do the gathering of Phoenix Criminal Attorney information for you. Sites like Abika have services that cater to this need.